Monday, April 4, 2011

The Process

Greetings :)

I have to admit that this is a very challenging task for me, because it requires deep reflection and contemplation. I have so much to say... yet, I know in silence many of you feel me. It's a work in the beginning stages. Along with this blog, I have a written paper and a visual presentation to submit for school in the upcoming weeks. Honestly, the pressure I feel is not just due to the academic piece, but I also feel a responsibility to those of you reading and following this blog. Every now and then I check myself and say, its not about me... its about us! I encourage and welcome your comments, ideas, and feedback. We need to learn from one another and experience is our best teacher!

I found some very interesting things surfing the internet today, and I found that in fact, there is alot written about this topic... but still no where near enough! I wish there was a way I could put this awareness on blast!!! But this blog will have to do for now.

I really hope that you are able to comment and share what you know to be the truth about our cultural identity. Don't be put off by the sometimes complicated technological issues...keep trying! Many times today, I have had to fight the urge to give up but all I could think of was the complacency of the coqui and the docility of the taino... NO MORE! I say we take on some other ancesteral traits like the spirit of the adventurer, the fighter, and the survivor. We talk about how we are a mixed people, so people let's mix it up!

By telling our stories and purging our pasts we can begin to shape a new identity, one that reflects the truth about who we are, and where we belong on the map. Looking forward to embarking on this exploration with you!

No comments: